Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Feeling Good.

   Like any other year, 2012 had its highs and lows. It included stories about love, friendship, family, the usual stuff. What made that year different was finally finding myself. All those retreats and recollections during high school about finding "your true self" was a blur. One does not simply learn from those kinds of retreats, especially with raging hormones which we thought made us "mature" when in reality, only made us annoying kids.

   In 2012, I was finally comfortable with who I was, and I met people whom I never knew would be so important. I was more mature and I had a clearer perception. Yet on the contrary, being naive and immature was still part of my nature. There were instances thrown at me on which I didn't know how to respond to. It required a battle between the heart and mind. It was exhausting never really knowing what to do, and if I do act on it, not knowing if it's the right choice was even harder. Those parts were hard, but I know it would pass. Looking back on it, I know I made the right choices. Although some parts are still halfway resolved, I'm keeping my faith and staying positive. 

   This year, 2013, I know that life will constantly bombard me with hardships, but I always remember that there will always be good things in store for me. Just like everyone else, I have to be patient and put up with it. Plus, it actually makes my life more interesting, to be honest. Life is a continuous process of learning and growing, not only for myself, but with the people I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment